Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:55:20 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 17" monitor recomendations..

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 08:21:56PM -0500, Open Systems Networking wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Mark Mayo wrote:
>
> > - ViewSonic PT775
>
> Definately the viewsonic :)
> I have the P775 couldnt quite get the extra cash for the PT775, but there
> similiar.
> EXCELLENT monitor. I mean REALLY nice. That's my vote the PT775!
> Killer 17" and it's using the sony tube i believe.

Actually, I think it uses the "DiamondTron" or something like that
from Mitsubishi, no?  Definately an aperature grill - but I don't
think it's a Sony.

For those keeping count, I've got about 5 votes for the Nokia, 3 for the
Iiayma (sp?), and 1 for the ViewSonic.

I suspect they are all excellent choices, and it will probably come down
to which ever I can get cheapest. Although I do have a preference for the
Nokia, since it uses the Sony aperature grill, and apparently implements
it better than Sony..

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark