Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:39:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg VE7TCP <lyndon@orthanc.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has anyone noticed a problem with rshd in -current?

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Lyndon Nerenberg VE7TCP wrote:

> If so, this is a symptom of a long-standing bug (since 2.1-RELEASE at
> the very least) related to reuse of addr/port pairs that I haven't
> been able to track down. (And lots of other people have seen.)

    I've been seeing it since my first FreeBSD installation, just
after 2.0 was released.  I've personally only seen it happen with
rlogin only, and Jordan reports a similar or identical problem with
rsh.  I've *never* seen it happen with any other inetd service.  On
top of that, rlogins from our Livingston PM-2e termservers to our
FreeBSD servers have never failed either.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.