Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 13:55:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        james@miller.cs.uwm.edu (Jim Lowe), luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, dufault@hda.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Amancio's tv program with capture!

> 	mapaddr =  mmap( 0,			/* map here, 0 = don't care*/
> 			 DEV_MEM_SIZE,		/* device memory window*/

I think you're still not undertstanding the question here.  mmap()
works fine.  It is supported by the driver.  We have absolutely no
problem with using mmap()!

The problem is getting the MIT-SHM extension to work with it by
causing the allocation of the share memory region (which client and
server share) to shadow the frame-buffer.  I don't see anything in
your example which would address that problem.

                         Jordan