Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 01:14:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        andy@mail.cgu.chel.su
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: do-install targets in games/*/Makefiles

 *   I think it allows no-brain RightThing(tm) installation. I mean
 * proper handling of BINOWN, MANOWN etc. I prefer sometimes duplicate
 * install target of original Makefiles then track its rules for
 * prefixes, owners, modes etc.
 :
 *   In general, I prefer _strict_ rules, determinated thing. Where man page
 * of X Window game must be? Answer, IMHO, must be without variants.

That's an admirable goal, but overriding what the Imake config file
does with owners and modes is just too much.  First of all, you're
fixing it at the wrong place, those should be fixed in the XFree86
config files, not in individual ports.

Otherwise, I don't think it should be fixed.  The /usr/X11R6 tree
pretty much belongs to X, and if they say the binaries are owned by a
certain user, it's really not worth the effort for us to override
that.

As for manpage sections, I agree with you, but I think the right thing
to do is what games/oneko does:

===
pre-configure:
	@echo "MANSUFFIX=6" >>${WRKSRC}/Imakefile