Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 10:00:37 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Ludo Koren <ludo_koren@tempest.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ncurses problems (was: no subject)

On Friday,  7 May 1999 at 18:46:13 +0200, Ludo Koren wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am running 3.1-STABLE and developing a program which uses
> ncurses. After localization of the problem, I minimized it to the
> following:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <ncurses.h>
> #include <signal.h>
>

> int main()
> {
> 	struct sigaction act;
>
> 	act.sa_handler = SIG_IGN;
> 	act.sa_flags = 0;
> 	sigemptyset(&act.sa_mask);
> 	sigaction(SIGINT,&act,0);
>
> 	sigaction(SIGINT,0,&act);
> 	printf("%d\n", act.sa_handler == SIG_IGN);
>
> 	initscr();
>
> 	sigaction(SIGINT,0,&act);
> 	printf("%d\n", act.sa_handler == SIG_IGN);
>
> 	return 0;
> }

You've missed out an important part: which library are you using?
This is what I get:

  $ cc -g -Wall  bar.c  -o bar -lcurses
  $ ./bar
  1
  1
  $ cc -g -Wall  bar.c  -o bar -lncurses
  $ ./bar
  1
  0

> Could somebody point, why the first output is 1 and the second is 0?
> Is it bug or feature.

It looks like ncurses is setting its own SIGINT handler.  I suppose
you could think of this as a feature.  Does it worry you?

Greg