Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:24:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Davis <dand@eclipse.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A GOOD Switch

At ECCS, we need to purchase some more networking hardware to test
our NAS products.  I'm interested in being able to test with
different channel aggregatin technologies and with Gigabit ethernet
as we implement features.  I'm new to purchasing network products
(and working on TCP/IP/Ethernet stacks), so do any of you have
experience with NPI's Capstone 6g?  How does it compare to Cisco,
Fore, etc...  Who would you recommend as far as cheapest TCO?

What's important here is that we're not actually going to use this
for our Corporate LAN; only for a small, high-end
testing/development lab.

Dan Davis             | Excerpt from my latest project:
Software Engineer     |        0000100010111000001010010001
ECCS, Inc.            |        1000101011110110001110101000
dand@eclipse.net      | "That's the philosophical equivalent of
http://www.eccs.com   |  Folger's crystals!" - Dan