Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:36:16 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        opsys@mail.webspan.net (Open Systems Networking)
Cc:        stb@hanse.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to compile from 2.2.6-stable

Open Systems Networking wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>
> > The only thing I get after
> > # make buildworld MACHINE_ARCH=i386 BINFORMAT=aout
> > (had to define both, else make fails almost immediatly)
>
> Aha! So thats how you get around the imideate failure :)

No.
No.
No.
No.

> I couldnt NOT for the life of me get around this. I almost built current
> by hand :) i manually did all the libs, the includes, the .mk files, etc..
> and isntalled em one by one to try and fix it. Cause I figured it was a
> libc problem. Since ive seent he __error problem pop up several times on
> the list.

And if you would read my response each time, you'd know that to build
-current on an out-of-date system, you need to:

make -m /usr/src/share/mk world

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137