Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:20:33 +0200 (IST)
From:      Rami Abu Jebara <rjebara@mail.palnet.com>
To:        William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Grouping users with Radius

hmmm

I thought it was just a matter or radius
telling the difference between different
unix user groups ...

eg. user x belongs to e-mailonly (gid  200) on the system

now on the server we have multiple DEFAULT entries, but
with a different group each time ... they all authenticate
against the same password file... the reply items though
will differ.. user x logs in .. he get a filter ..

user y .. for instance is an ISDN user (gid 300 ISDN)
.. so I might want to limit
this guy to dial in a to a certain hunt group .. etc ...

this is what I am after ..

Cistron has similar things, I had a brief look at it
but .. it's a beta, and I realy cann't afford surprises.

anyway web, thanks a lot for the tip .. I might hassel the cisco
guys .. and I'll keep on digging ..

cheers

Rami

Rami Abu Jebara