Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:06:46 +0200
From:      Wim Livens <wim@livens.net>
To:        Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getting all connections between two sites

Op di  16 okt, 2001 om 03:15:27pm +0200, schreef Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de:

> two sites have to be isolated through a firewall, which are right now
> fully connected and have probably many cross connections, e.g. users at
> siteA using servers at siteB and vice versa.

> Has anyone done this allready, or has anyone an idea how to do this
> without logging all the connection data and post-process it? I need only
> the fact that some connection has been up and which ip's, port and
> protocol was involved, and only once per connection, e.g. if I found
> some connection, I'm not interested in it anymore.

See /usr/ports/net/nstreams

       This is especially useful when you plan to install a fire-
       wall  but if you do not know the nstreams that the network
       users are generating  (http,  real  audio,  and  more...).
       nstreams  can read the tcpdump output directly from stdin,
       or from a file. It can  even  generate  the  configuration
       file of your firewall, using the  -O option.

--
Wim Livens
http://wim.livens.net