Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2007 23:37:32 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   100s of xorg ports, will there be an xorg-base port?

Hi,

I think it would be nice if you could make an xorg-base port which will
have the minimal ports installed. Most of the programs like xeyes etc.
are not needed, it is ridiculous to install a port for each!

Plus, most people are not happy to add ~400 more ports to their FreeBSD
boxes. I even read that somebody is planning to change to Linux because
of this mess.

Is this a planned change? I think the whole idea of xorg going to
seperate packages was reducing the size and modularize xorg. When we
install all anyhow, makes no sense at all.

Thanks,
Evren