Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2016 11:36:54 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?0JLRj9GH0LXRgdC70LDQsg==?= <terehovv@mail.ru>, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bhyve use 100% CPU, but guest are idle. clock issue?

On 14/08/2016 21:45, Вячеслав via freebsd-virtualization wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have FreeBSDÂ 10.3-RELEASE-p4 amd64 as host and FreeBSDÂ
> 10.3-RELEASE-p4 amd64 as guest with one CPU core.
>
> I'm install games/pvpgn in guest over pkg, rename all files in
> /usr/local/etc/pvpgn/ from *.conf-sample to *.conf and run service.
>
> If I run top -SHIP under guest, I see 95% idle and 5% usage by
> 'intr{swi4: clock}'. In this time, top -SHIP on host show the 100%
> usage by bhyve.
>
> When I stopped pvpgn, I can see 100% idle in guest and around 1%
> usage by bhyve in host.

Are you using the -H option? The bhyve related ports will add -H for
you but if you are starting them manually you may miss it.

 From man bhyve -
-H  Yield the virtual CPU thread when a HLT instruction is
     detected. If this option is not specified, virtual CPUs will
     use 100% of a host CPU.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler