Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:30:40 +0100
From:      "army.of.root" <army.of.root@googlemail.com>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying out xfce 4.6 RC1?

Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If someone wants to try out xfce 4.6 RC1 here are my patches:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/xfce-4.5.99.1.diff
>
> This one needs to be applied below /usr/ports.
>
> With xfce 4.6 there are also 3 new ports. You will find them here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/xfce-4.5.99.1.tar.gz
>
> Please extract this tarball also below /usr/ports.
>
> Then deinstall your xfce 4.4 ports, cd into /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4 and
> "make install".
>
> Any comments welcome..

Hi,

i also was using your patchset actively :) thanks for the port so far.

I noticed some things on the way:

The mixer application unfortunatly uses gstreamer now, and i think it is
rubbish :P. Could the old mixer be preserved somehow? It was clean and very
simple. I also remember to remember that the new one doesnt work that well.

# EDIT: you should probably ignore this
This is probably an issue of xfce itself, but maybe worth mentioning; The
drag&drop between xfdesktop and thunar is kinda quirky. I noticed that files
get copied instead of renamed when I drag them elsewhere in the same filesystem
(again between xfdesktop and thunar). Also highlighting multiple files and then
using drag&drop only caused the single actually dragged file to be moved (...
copied).
# end igrone

BTW: Is the HAL automounting working in xfce? i never really tried to make it
work. Is it set up analog to gnome (its horror there)?

Thanks for your work, I really appreciate it.

regards