Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 07:38:17 -0700
From:      Erin Fortenberry <erinf@lusardi.com>
To:        'andy' <andy@sympad.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: icq & user-ppp

>>>hi there!

>>>being within a network connected to the net by ppp using -alias
>>>option I've noticed that there are no way to send/receive
>>>files for windows icq client even though messaging works properly.

>>>Is it a feature/bug of user-ppp aliasing/natting ?
>>>I wonder whether there's a way to cope with this problem?

This is normal operations for a NAT type firewall. To get around this you
will need to setup a socks5 proxie. I am not sure how socks5 will work with
ppp, But I'm sure it can.

>>>be good,

Been there, done that.

Erin

mailto:kahn@unet.tm
http://www.fortenberry.net

"Can i dial 1-255-255-255255 and make every phone in the world ring?"

-- Tanuki