Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 16:33:48 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu (Guy Helmer), freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named update

damn, in that case, we're vulnerable too. :-(

  From: "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
  Guy Helmer wrote:

  > Does anyone know the named version details surrounding the named problem
  > that CERT just reported?  I just don't know which version tries to close
  > up the hole.  Is named in 2.0.5 and 2.1.0 a vulnerable version?

  	recent cert advisory regarding BIND-4.9.3 teh problem
  	was buffer overflow hitting the stack during a recvfrom system call.

  	the patch is available from paul vixie
  	its called Patch1 dont have the exact reference here

  	the patch changed a total of two calls to recvfrom()

  	jmb