Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:46:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Petrou <dpetrou@kinclaith.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   microtime() time travel?

Hi.  I'm seeing something quite bizarre with microtime() under certain
circumstances.  I've made a little hack so that whenever a process is
going to be desceduled (in mi_switch()) i print to the console how
many microseconds the process used since it was scheduled.  Normally,
this works just fine.  I see the output of the printf() in my
xconsole.  Now, I also have a serial console attached to my machine.
If I kill my xconsole, kernel printf()'s go to my serial console at a
much slower rate of 9600 baud.  When I do this, my printf()'s start
reporting that the process is using _negative_ amounts of time.
Any potential explanations?

Thanks,
David