Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:32:30 +0200
From:      "Michael Nottebrock" <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "Steve Tremblett" <sjt@cisco.com>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Releases

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Tremblett" <sjt@cisco.com>
To: <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 3:36 PM
> [...]
> People say "read the handbook".  If it is written in stone there,
> someone please re-edit this section:
>
> --------
> 19.2.2.2. Who needs FreeBSD-STABLE?
>
> [...]
>
> To be honest, I don't see the release process discussed in the
handbook
> at all!  There is a section explaining STABLE vs. CURRENT, but
that's
> about it.
>
> [...]

I agree that it should be in the Handbook. But it _is_ actually in
that other important FreeBSD document, the FAQ:

"7.37. I tried to update by system to the latest -STABLE, but got -RC
or -BETA! What's going on?"

Btw, one other thing that appears in the FAQ but really should be
mentioned in the handbook is "7.41. Why can't I unset the schg file
flag?", preferably in Section 7.3 or 7.6.

Greetings,

Michael Nottebrock