Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 13:17:02 -0500
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, dfr@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange problems with AGP driver & sound.

> Sorry to answer a question with a question, but what does the AGP
> driver do?  There's no manpage and my AGP mga400 'works' but without
> acceleration without it loaded.  Could not having AGP loaded be
> why i'm having problems with acceleration?

Allows access to system memory by peripherals I think. And yes, it is needed
for acceleration. Try compiling it in with a "device agp" in your config file
- as I mentioned, the module doesn't seem to probe correctly.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California