Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:53:46 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest kernel flop

Kenneth Culver wrote:
> > Not only does the sio device give me trouble, since I don't use it I took
> > it out, and rebuilt the kernel. Immediately upon reboot, I got a kernel
> > panic. It went like this:
> >
> > Copyright (c) 1992-1999 The FreeBSD Project.
> > Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
> >         The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
> >
> > Then it panics.
> >
> > What's going on here?
> >
> > Kenneth Culver
>
> Oops, did a config -r and fixed the panic, but the sio problem is still
> there.
>
> Kenneth Culver

Just out of interest, I presume you did a 'make depend' after each run of
config?

Also, for future reference, if people run into problems like this, it would
be useful to move the old build area out of the way rather than clobbering it
and then have a look and see if you can find what got broken.  A cmp of all
the .o files after the clean build should turn up the culprit[s].

Cheers,
-Peter