Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:15:38 -0800
From:      "John P. Barton" <jbarton@cascribe.com>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Compiling the kernel

I read the handbook section 8.5 {Building a Kernel} many times.  I cannot
resolve the phrase "make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL".  I know that
MYKERNEL refers to the name I give to the new kernel I want to build but
neither buildkernel nor installkernel exists in the make command.  Can you
clear this up for me.  I'm trying to add the IPDIVERT option to a new build
so I can implement NAT.  I cannot seem to figure this out and yes, I am very
new to Linux.  However, I've been in the computer world since 1977 and have
mastered 14 computer languages so I'm not exactly a rookie at these things.
This thing though, has got me stumped.

Thanks in advance.

John