Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 09:24:29 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More breakage in -current as a result of header frobbing.

> FreeBSD's problem is that everyone has 'broken' the tree enough times
> that no-one is willing to brandish the 'big stick' to whack people for
> making bad commits.  If you've got no negative feedback, then you've got
> no reason to test changes.

More to the point, it's far more damaging to alienate and potentially
lose an existing volunteer than it is to have the tree occasionally
broken, as much as I might whine about that from time to time.  We
have to consider who we are and how we got here - this isn't
commercial software development, as much as we might sometimes try to
emulate it. :-)

					Jordan