Date:      14 May 2001 14:20:21 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   named + chroot - logging ?

Hi all,

I'm setting up a DNS server using named. I am starting it as
named -g bind -u bind -t /path/to/jaildir -c /etc/named.conf

In /path/to/jaildir I have a /etc directory with the named.conf file.

When I start bind with this, all seems ok. It answers queries on all
of the domains that it is primary for and transfers from other masters
where it is hosting slaves seem ok. But it's not logging when I
restart it or any other time:) Is there any way to still use syslog
for logging even though I'm running in a chroot? If not, where else
and how else can I log?

TIA,

--
- Wayne Pascoe