Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:21:56 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: fixit.flp full again

jhay> A make release breaks because the fixit floppy is too big
jhay> again.

Again?  If my memory serves well, "fixit.flp overflow" is rarely
happen; maybe you want to talk about "kern.flp overflow is so often" ;-)

jhay> So what can we do to get it smaller? Anybody got any ideas or
jhay> shall we just choose a random utility and delete it?

Maybe /dev files can be deleted since we can use DEVFS in 5-current.

I've confirmed that removing all /dev/* devices are good enough to
re-fit 1.44MB floppy again.  Here is a sample (May/26/2002 snapshots):

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity iused   ifree  %iused Mounted on
/dev/md0c        1363     1323       40    97%      23     359     6%  /mnt

But I don't checked that we can safely remove /dev/* files from
fixit.flp (sorry, if no one try to do, I'll do it later).

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita