Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 11:19:51 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd 3C509 card?

What's so strange with 3c509-combo?  We use them here and there
with 0 problems (2.2 branch), just take it's _latest_ config utility
from ftp.3com.com and force the card to forget the words "Plug-n-Pray"
as a whole. Forcing the proper cabling type is nice too.

You want two/three/four cards? Ok, use the config utility
to put each card on different (it's own) IRQ and I/O range.  Then
describe ep0 and ep1 and ... in your kernel config file as
appropriate to your HW setup.  They will work.

EISA 3c5x9 cards also work with 2.2.*, tested.

Best regards,
Andrew Stesin

nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE