Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 11:35:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   smbus and intpm

I was looking around and found some stuff on smbus, and even found some
example programs (lm.c and spd.c) but neither of those works, even after
I've added the following lines to my kernel.

controller intpm0
controller smbus0
device smb0 at smbus?

my dmesg output looks like this:

intpm0: <Intel 82371AB Power management controller> at device 7.3 on pci0
intpm0: I/O mapped 5000
intpm0: intr IRQ 9 enabled revision 0
intsmb0: <Intel PIIX4 SMBUS Interface>
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on intsmb0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
intpm0: PM I/O mapped 4000

this is the output from those two programs:

culverk:~/examples# lm
IOCTL: Device not configured
culverk:~/examples#

culverk:~/examples# spd
DIMM Unit 0
ioctl: Device not configured
culverk:~/examples#

if anyone has experience with this, please let me know...

Kenneth Culver