Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ville Eerola <Ville.Eerola@vehome.pp.sci.fi>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26053: fetchmail 5.7.6: translation of messages with `\r'

The following reply was made to PR ports/26053; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ville Eerola <Ville.Eerola@vehome.pp.sci.fi>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc: thierry@thomas.as, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:14:23 +0300 (EEST)

 Peter Pentchev writes:
 > On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 05:19:45PM +0100, thierry@thomas.as wrote:
 > > >Fix:
 > > 	Some messages in po/fetchmail.pot end with `\r\n'
 > > 	=> `\n' would suffice?
 >
 > Does the attached patch to the port solve your problem?  It works for me,
 > although all this time I've dismissed those warnings as just that - warnings,
 > not serious errors.
 >
 > Does the port maintainer - Ville Eerola - like this fix? :)

 The patch itself seems simple, but I have a few questions about what
 it does. Wouldn't it be better just to submit the fixes to the
 fetchmail maintainers instead of trying to fix them within the FreeBSD
 port? And btw. why does the patch change C-files? Third, are you sure
 that the CR's are not there for some specific reason?

 Regards, Ville

 --
 Ville Eerola                       |  Powered by
 ve@sci.fi                          |             FreeBSD