Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "JULIAN Elischer" <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        dchapes@zeus.leitch.com (Dave Chapeskie)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Character device major numbers.

If you are using -current, things are differnt to -stable..
however You could safely assign yourself numbers after the end of
those asssigned. Probably extending the array to past 128, and using 128,129,130
would be a good idea.. alternatively, you could use the 'dynamic' numbers
assigned to LKMs. Under -current all Major numbers are dynamic in theory,
though we have not yet the infrastructure to do that in practice..