Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:27:30 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        emre n/a <emre@uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gem0 problems with 6.2

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 02:02:12PM -0700, emre n/a wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm having a lot of difficulty getting networking to work.  I have a
 > grey 867Mhz PowerMac G4 (with mirrored drive doors).  It's a vanilla
 > install.
 >
 > In dmesg I get:
 >
 > [...]
 > gem0: <Apple GMAC3 Ethernet Adaptor> mem 0xf5200000-0xf53fffff irq 41
 > at device 15.0 on pci2
 > miibus0: <MII bus> on gem0
 > ukphy0: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface on miibus0
 > ukphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX. 1000baseT,
 > 1000baseT-FDX, auto
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > gem0: 10kB RX FIFO, 4kB TX FIFO
 > gem0: Ethernet address: 00:03:93:bb:ea:de

It seems that ukphy(4) claims to support 1000baseT on your PHY.
I'm unsure that Apple GMAC3 really have gigabit PHY and it would
be great if you can show me verbose boot output. The verbose boot
message will show additional information(e.g. model and revision
number) of your PHY.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon