Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:20:09 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports authors please read, some fix required

> Ports from following list have wrong ***/---/+++ lines not
> indicating full path, which is incompatible with _any_ version of
> GNU patch except "hacked" FreeBSD variant.

The patches were written exclusively for the FreeBSD ports system,
which used the FreeBSD version of patch, which had certain documented
behavior.  We are FreeBSD, not GNU.  Many of our utilities are
different from the GNU versions.  It is perfectly reasonable to rely
on that.  Otherwise, we might as well just merge with Linux.

> Please fix ***/---/+++ lines file names to match
> Index: line.
>
>   	modula-3-socks
> 	virtualpager

Please fix these two yourself.  As you say, it should be easy.  I
don't have time for this fire drill right now.  If you can't or don't
want to build and test them, then it would probably be sufficient in
this case just to verify that the patches apply cleanly again.

Thanks in advance,
John