Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:09:57 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Sun Grid Engine 5.2.3 Available. Now Open Source

[Extensive cross-posting adress list dropped.]

Jim Bryant wrote:

> Terry Lambert wrote:
> >
> > Ron Chen wrote:
> > >
> > > Sun Grid Engine goes opensource. See SGE home page:
> > >
> > > http://www.sun.com/gridware
> >
> > I see no source code there, only Solaris and Linux binaries.
>
> I coulda sworn I saw that they had source code available for
> grid engine as well, as this weekend i was downloading stuff for
> Solaris 8 x86 [which i run on one of my disks].

Direct from Suns Grid Engine FAQ:
[Line breaks edited by me.]

"Q: Is Sun making the source for the now-current Sun Grid Engine
   software versions 5.2.2/5.2.3 available in open source?

A: The source available in the Grid Engine open source project has
   received numerous modifications in order to prepare it for
   release as open source software. Organizations interested in
   obtaining the source for the now current 5.2.2/5.2.3 versions
   under a Sun source-access (non-open source) license should
   contact sungridengine_partners@sun.com."

Q: What is the license for the Grid Engine project?

A: The project uses the Sun Industry Standards Source License, or
   SISSL.[...]"

Alas, closed source.

HTH