Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 1995 21:06:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Carl Harris <ceharris@mal.com>
To:        lenzi@cwbtwo.bsi.com.br
Cc:        jaitken@cslab.vt.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Beware: popclient (fwd)

> I have compiled a new version of popclient and there is
> a bug in the config.h that deals with the mail command
> It happens that the mail command in the pop client is
> with an option -d. At the time the popclient executes mail
> to save your data, it executes mail -d [user] and
> the mail program vanishes with your mail.

What "new" version of popclient did you compile?  The last version of
popclient that used "mail" was 2.21 (which is more than two years old).

Get the latest version from ftp.mal.com:/pub/pop...  FreeBSD is one of
the platforms I use to develop popclient, so I'm *quite positive* that it
works correctly for that environment.

--
Carl Harris
Network Systems Engineer