Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 95 23:05 CST
From:      krnlhkr@mcs.com
To:        pritchet@scsn.net (Ron Pritchett), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) busmouse

<---- Begin Included Message ---->

what entry do I use in the /dev/ direcoty for my busmouse? I have the ISA
Mach32 with busmouse and can't get X running since I can't find my mouse. ;-)

<---- End Included Message ---->

Well, I have an ATI card (not the Mach32, but it should be the same),
and I use /dev/mse0 (crw------- 1 root wheel 27, 1).

However, if you are using the stock kernel that installs, you can't.
It doesn't have the busmouse driver in it (I am assuming you are
using the CD-ROM dist of 2.0 for the following).

You need to recompile the kernel. Add the following to the
configuration file before you do:

device   mse0  at isa? port 0x23c tty irq 5 vector mseintr

Also, make sure the port address (0x23c) and irq (5) are correct
for the way your card has been set up.  Those are the settings I
use on my system and they may or may not be compatible with your
system.

Also, to give you a head start, in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
use the following entry for the busmouse:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol    "BusMouse"
   Device      "/dev/mse0"
EndSection

This works for me.

-Louis

Louis J. Giliberto, Jr.    !  Support the Free Software Foundation
krnlhkr@mcs.com            !