Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 00:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Securing a system that's been rooted remotely

[CC trimmed to -security]

> Brett Glass wrote:
> >
> > By the way, why is it that "apropos securelevel" turns up nothing?
> > Considering that it's documented in a non-intuitive place (the
> > man page for init(8)), it ouught to be searchable.
>
> Because the NAME entry for init(8) doesn't mention "securelevel."  I don't
> see how you could write a meaningful entry and work securelevel into it.
> Perhaps adding securelevel as an alternate name would help.
>
> What we really need is a good index to the man pages.

Yea, what ever happend to ptx(1):
gndrsh:root {1206}# man ptx
No manual entry for ptx
gndrsh:root {1207}# which ptx
/usr/bin/ptx
gndrsh:root {1208}#

Hummm.. part of groff... probably info file documents, yep there it is.
 What would it take to get this thing building the Permuted Index again?

cd /usr/share/man/man7; zcat *.gz | nroff -mandoc | col -b | ptx | more
makes for some interesting reading :-).

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net