Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 23:27:11 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bochs and vn devices

> I gave bochs, a MSD-DOS emulator under FreeBSD a try and it's working
> quite nicely. The only problem I still have - and that has been left
> unanswered in two or three weeks since I posted it before chrismas in
> the bochs-developers mailing list - is that I cannot mount DOS
> partitions effectively.
>
> Bochs allows for having disk image files like 30M.vga or 126M.vga
> but when I have a mount_msdos mounted /c slice I see no way
> how to access this from bochs. Any clues?

You cannot do this.  See the networking discussions that have been
taking place on the bochs list subsequent to your subscription.

> The other problem is vn devices:
>
> I wonderfully can create a floppy image and say
>
> vnconfig /dev/vn0 floppyimage and then mount -t msdos /dev/vn0 /mnt
>
> But when the diskimage is a disk which is partitioned with
> the fdisk program under bochs I see no way to mount that file.

You can't, again.  You can point bochs at plain devices (/dev/fd0, /dev/
wd0, etc) and it will work,  but it does not support anything else.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\