Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:43:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Meyer <mike65134@yahoo.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK 1.5.0_0x-Patches available?

Hi,

you FreeBSD guys seem to be the only ones who are
seriously using self-compiled Sun JDKs. I am
considering the possibility of compiling a 5.0 JDK on
linux with a gcc patched with stack smashing
protection.

Unfortunately, I cannot get information on how one can
get the source code for the 1.5.0_04 JDK. Sun only
seems to offer the 1.5.0_00 source code as all source
code filed in the .zip file are dated on October 2004
(the realease date of JDK 1.5.0)? Is this correct?

But you are using very huge (serveral 100k big)
patchsets in order to be able to compile the linux sun
jdks under FreeBSD. Have you written each and every
patch yourself? Or are there the 1.5.0_00 -> 1.5.0_0x
patchsets already included (besides your
FreeBSD-specific patches)? If they are, form where did
you get them? Does Sun offer them publicly under their
 research licence? At which place?

Any help would be really greatly appriciated!
Cheers,
Michael Meyer.