Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:43:05 -0800
From:      whoever <somebody@kashmir.etowns.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sgupta@arbornet.org
Subject:   Proxim Farallon usb ethernet support

Hi I just got the FARALLON PN796 (Proxim) usb ethernet
adapter working with my current thought I should post the
2 lines i needed to add to make it working to the
mailing list

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb

in file if_aue.c
Static struct aue_type aue_devs[] = {
    { USB_VENDOR_ADMTEK,        USB_PRODUCT_ADMTEK_PEGASUS,       0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_ADMTEK, USB_PRODUCT_ADMTEK_FARALLON_PN796,  PII},
    { USB_VENDOR_BILLIONTON,    USB_PRODUCT_BILLIONTON_USB100,    0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_MELCO,         USB_PRODUCT_MELCO_LUATX1,         0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_MELCO,         USB_PRODUCT_MELCO_LUATX5,         0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_MELCO,         USB_PRODUCT_MELCO_LUA2TX5,        PII },
    { USB_VENDOR_DLINK,         USB_PRODUCT_DLINK_DSB650,         LSYS },
    { USB_VENDOR_DLINK,         USB_PRODUCT_DLINK_DSB650TX,       LSYS },
    { USB_VENDOR_DLINK,         USB_PRODUCT_DLINK_DSB650TX_PNA,   0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_SMC,           USB_PRODUCT_SMC_2202USB,          0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_LINKSYS,       USB_PRODUCT_LINKSYS_USB100TX,     LSYS },
    { USB_VENDOR_LINKSYS,       USB_PRODUCT_LINKSYS_USB10TA,      LSYS },
    { USB_VENDOR_LINKSYS,       USB_PRODUCT_LINKSYS_USB10TX2,     LSYS },
    { USB_VENDOR_COREGA,        USB_PRODUCT_COREGA_FETHER_USB_TX, 0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_KINGSTON,      USB_PRODUCT_KINGSTON_KNU101TX,    0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_ABOCOM,        USB_PRODUCT_DLINK_DSB650TX_PNA,   0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_IODATA,        USB_PRODUCT_IODATA_USBETTX,       0 },
    { USB_VENDOR_ACCTON,        USB_PRODUCT_ACCTON_USB320_EC,     0 },
    { 0, 0, 0 }
};
I just added the FARALLON line in this structure

in file usbdevs
/* ADMtek products */
product ADMTEK PEGASUS          0x0986  AN986 USB Ethernet adapter
product ADMTEK FARALLON_PN796   0x8511  NetLine 10/100 USB Ethernet Adapter (ADMtek chipset AN986) by proxim

here i have just added the FARALLON line again which is i believe line #382
the line no. shouldnt matter tho.

Thats it

I realise that i should post a diff but i made the changes directly in these
files and will need to get the unchanged version from the cvs again to
produce a diff and its not too much change.

can someone please commit this change to the main source tree....

also if someone is using this right out of this posting to get the adapter
working please dont forget to do
(after adding these 2 lines in the required files)
prompt# cd /usr/src/sys/dev/usb
prompt# make -f Makefile.usbdevs all
(before remaking and reinstalling the kernel)

Have fun
Saurabh Gupta