Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:11:03 -0700
From:      Mike Hunter <mhunter@ack.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Core dump with tip (ucom0 -> external modem)

On Apr 27, "Daniel O'Connor" wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:08, Mike Hunter wrote:
> > tip -115200 23645
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > Same result with -57600, -9600 and with cu syntax
> >
> > I have an entry for the usb serial device:
> >
> > usb1:dv=/dev/ucom0:br#9600:pa=none:
> >
> > And if I say
> >
> > tip usb1
> >
> > I can issue dialer commands and it works.
> >
> > The ultimate goal here is having somebody be able to run a shell-script
> > named "dial-funkybox" and have it dial and connect them.
> >
> > Sorry if I left out something important.  Any thoughts?
>
> Can you generate a back trace from the coredump?
>
> gdb `which tip` tip.core
>
> then bt at the gdb prompt.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

GNU gdb 5.2.1 (FreeBSD)
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `tip'.
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.5...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.5
Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...
done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
#0  0x08049bd2 in connect ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08049bd2 in connect ()
#1  0x0804d055 in send ()
#2  0x08049942 in sigprocmask ()
(gdb)

Any way I can get more info for you?

> BTW for this sort of thing I use expect and kermit..

I started toying around with kermit when I was getting to depressed with
tip...I'll give it more of a shot tomorrow.

Mike