Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 2009 19:42:24 -0700
From:      Michael David Crawford <mdc@prgmr.com>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   We'd like to help with Xen

Hi Folks,

Prgmr.com, Inc. (http://prgmr.com/) is a Xen-based Virtual Private
Server hosting service.  We presently offer Linux and NetBSD DomUs, and
would like to offer FreeBSD as well.

I've been asked to help get FreeBSD to work under Xen.  My understanding
is that FreeBSD can be gotten to boot as a DomU, but doesn't work reliably.

I'm an experienced programmer, but not at all with FreeBSD.  The closest
I've come to FreeBSD work is the Mac OS X kernel, which is in part based
on FreeBSD.  I also used to work with the old BSD-based SunOS, many
years ago.

Other than being eager to help, I don't even know where to start.  Of
course I will need to learn FreeBSD kernel programming, but I don't even
know where to start with that.

Perhaps someone could give me a little hand-holding until I know my way
around the source tree.

Best,

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdc@prgmr.com

    prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

       Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen