Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:15:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New softupdates panic

:> :panic: initate_write_inodeblock: already started
:>
:>     Checking out from an NFS mounted repository into a local
:>     filesystem w/ softupdates enabled?
:
:That's correct.
:
:I've just built a kernel current as of a few minutes ago, and it's
:entirely reproducible.  What can I do for you now?

    Kirk just committed ffs_softdep.c 1.56 a moment ago which he believes
    will fix this panic.  Please update to that version and see if you can
    reproduce the problem.  If you can, the most useful thing you can give
    me is a debug kernel image and a kernel core.  Baring that, a DDB
    backtrace will do.

    I have to apologize for us introducing a bunch of new softupdates
    panics, the fastpath file delete code wasn't supposed to be this
    complex :-) We only tested the original patch with postmark and didn't
    try pounding the box with lots of buildworld's before committing the
    thing.  All the bugs found to date have been really easy to fix so I
    expect softupdates will be stable again by release time.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>