Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:13:31 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org, nsouch@free.fr
Subject:   Re: Newbusifying kbd?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 04:37:32AM +0100, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> I wish we could run many console types at the same
> time, but this is not really the same problem.

Well, if you're discussing one problem it's always good to review
possibly unrelated issues while you're at it. It's always better
to choose not to deal with certain problems than to find out
afterwards that you were ignorant of them...

And, yes. I agree; The kind of terminal emulation should never be
made a fixed property of the implementation. Properly layered,
there's also no reason to not have multiple different TEs at the
same time for different physical or virtual console devices).