Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:49:08 +0000
From:      mark@linus.demon.co.uk (Mark Valentine)
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, nate@sri.MT.net
Subject:   Re: Building inside of /usr/src?

> From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
> Date: Wed 26 Jun, 1996
> Subject: Re: Building inside of /usr/src?

> I would like to point to breaking documented behaviour of obj.machine,
> obj and MAKEOBJDIR, but this behaviour seems to be undocumented.  The
> man page only documents the use of MAKEOBJDIR (not what it does) and
> the tutorial doesn't mention anything to do with obj directories (not
> even ${.OBJDIR}).

MAKEOBJDIR is documented in a comment in /usr/src/usr.bin/make/main.c
and in /usr/src/share/mk/bsd.obj.mk, and the obj stuff is mentioned in
/usr/src/share/mk/bsd.README.  BSDOBJDIR is also documented in bsd.*.mk.

Documentation in source files and in installed rule files counts for
a lot in FreeBSD.  The make sources are easy to read.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine at Home <mailto:mv@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~mv/>;