Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 14:42:40 -0500
From:      amb@j51.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   The guy who "CAN'T BOOT" is back

Hi.. I've asked twice before about my system...  I have the problem where
when I try to boot from boot.flp my system hangs(no output whatsoever.. it just
hangs).  It seems it is due to
my scsi adapter, the DTC 3270VL, it controls my floppies and for some reason
doesnt seem to like freebsd kernels.. or perhapes the other way around.
I dug an IDE controller out of an old 286 pulled my other controllers and
hooked it up to my floppies and presto it booted... however that old 286 is
still in use so I cant use that controller.. and I'm not I dont have enough
money right now to go out buying new controllers.  Anyway,  what I need is
someway to be able to boot from a floppy controlled by my scsi adapter, It
doesnt matter that its not supported cause I will put  freebsd on a drive I
have controlled by an EIDE card (which doesnt support floppies BTW).  I was
thinking that perhapes theres something in the generic kernel that doesnt like
being booted from that controller but I'm not sure what the problem really is
. I would appreciate and assistance in my quest to simply boot from floppy.
Incidentaly I can boot linux from floppy wihtout trouble but I much rather go
the freebsd route (Linux, for me, is associated with a bad job I've had in the
past. :)).
AMB