Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:59:05 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        so@server.i-clue.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Sun Grid Engine 5.2.3 Available. Now Open Source

Christoph Sold wrote:

> [Extensive cross-posting adress list dropped.]
>
> Jim Bryant wrote:
> >
> > Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > I see no source code there, only Solaris and Linux binaries.
> >
> > I coulda sworn I saw that they had source code available for
> > grid engine as well, as this weekend i was downloading stuff for
> > Solaris 8 x86 [which i run on one of my disks].
>
> Direct from Suns Grid Engine FAQ:
> [Line breaks edited by me.]
>
> "Q: Is Sun making the source for the now-current Sun Grid Engine
>    software versions 5.2.2/5.2.3 available in open source?
>
> A: The source available in the Grid Engine open source project has
>    received numerous modifications in order to prepare it for
>    release as open source software. Organizations interested in
>    obtaining the source for the now current 5.2.2/5.2.3 versions
>    under a Sun source-access (non-open source) license should
>    contact sungridengine_partners@sun.com."

Here is the URL referencing the Grid Engine Open Source project.

Not much there, apparently it's one of those Real Soon Now(TM) items, but this is the URL:

http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/gridengine_project.html

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!