Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 13:41:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        gummibear@we.mediaone.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and K6-2's

> 1.)  Does FreeBSD and AMD K6-2 350 make a good combination as far as
> performance, speed, and stability goes?

	Yes, I've had no problems doing so.

> 2.)  Other than ASUS motherboards, what would be another good choice for a
> low cost FreeBSD Workstation/Server?

	I've not priced Asus motherboards lately, but I've been VERY
happy with Soltek. They're approaching the market much like Asus did in
it's early days, good quality for a good price. The ASUS T2P4 is still
probally one of the best motherboards around (though it's out of
production,) I'd say that the Soltek U1 series is a good replacement for
it.

						Rick