Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 04:25:37 +0200
From:      System Daemon <daemon@bee.cs.kiev.ua>

Steve Passe (smp@csn.net) wrote:
> I haven't looked at this program lately, but it used to be broken for NE2000
> support.  The problem was that the probe for the wd card prevented the ne probe
> from occuring.  The solution is to remove wd and 3com support from the boot
> program. (although I would expect you to get a "card not found" error from
> this).  Another problem I saw someone have once was their believing that
> netboot.com was a standalone (ie, 'bootable') program.  It must be on a DOS
> SYS diskette and either manually invoked from the DOS command line or invoked
> from your autoexec.bat file.

actually, if you hate the idea of having DOS to boot Unix (as I do),
you can fetch ftp://ftp.cs.kiev.ua/csrt/unix/dkboot*, put my boot sector
onto that same floppy, and copy ??????.com file as loader.com onto it.

Commit team: please add this to /usr/mdec if you wish.

btw, the bootpd 2.4 requires patch to boot FreeBSD boxes if arp entry
already exists (it does system("arp -s host addr"), it should do
a system("arp -d host") prior to that or ignore error from arp,
better the former since the arp entry can be incomplete).

Any chances of adding SIOCSARP ioctl?
(I see <net/if_arp.h>, but this is non-standard (is SVR4 standard??)

--
"Yes means No and No means Yes.  Delete all files [Y]? " -- BOFH