Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:41:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Need MX Record and Sendmail Help

Hi:

I am in the process of setting up mail for a new
domain and I am having trouble getting my machine to
accept mail from someplace other than the localhost.
Specifically, I am sending mail to <usr>@eadsa.com,
where the usr user account <usr> exists on the local
machine.
When I send mail to <usr>@eadsa.com from the local
machine, the email arrives with no problem.
When I send the same email from another machine, it
never arrives.

I'm not sure if the problem is in the mx record,
the sendmail configuration or somewhere else.

My zone file contains:

eadsa.com.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
eadsa.com.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.
eadsa.com.             IN  RP jim.freeze.org. jim.eadsa.com.  ; EXTREF
jim.freeze.org.        IN  TXT #Jim Freeze, NIC handle: JF2009# ; EXTREF
localhost.eadsa.com.   IN  A  127.0.0.1
eadsa.com.             IN  A  24.9.218.175
www.eadsa.com.         IN  CNAME eadsa.com.
eadsa.com.             IN  MX  10   eadsa.com.
*.eadsa.com.           IN  MX  100  eadsa.com. ; GLOBALOK

I have added eadsa.com to my sendmail.cw file.

At this point, I don't know what to do next. I am slowly
working my way through the sendmail book, but that is taking
some time. Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve
this problem.

Thanks

Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org