Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 17:38:57 -0400
From:      jfreeze@lexmark.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Browser and Desktop

I have just installed FreeBSD 3.1 on my Dell latitude CPi laptop for the first
time.
(Whew! Thanks for all the help from the group.)

In the install I chose the developer package with source code and with XFree86.
What I need now is an html browser. One of the configuration menus lists lynx as
 the
browser, but it appears not to be installed.
What I would prefer is netscape or mosaic (assuming one is free).
Can someone help me with the installation of one of these browsers?.
(I have the 4CDROM pack from Walnut Creek, but I am not sure
how to go about installing mosaic, for instance, from the cd.)

In addition, I would like to have a desktop running on my system... probably
other than XFree86.
For instance, consider the desktop shown at

http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~brian/freebsd-admin/freebsd-admin-021699.jpg

(looking past the admin utility) . Is this the KDE desktop? How does one go
about installing these systems?

Thanks