Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 21:03:37 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers.freebsd.org@sendero.i-connect.net
Subject:   Re: RELELNG_2_2 is Broken - Help!!!

> ahc problems, scsi problems, etc.  Besides, I may be dense and slow, but I
> cannot get cvs to checkout for me any release other than current or
> RELENG_2_2 without missing files, etc.

That points to a bad or incomplete CVS repository; needless to say,
this works very well or you'd have never seen a 2.2.1-release :-)

> 300 disk drives?  P6? FDDI? Bash?  I can reproduce the panic at will.
> It is nasty as it takes an hour or so of fsck to re-boot, but it panics,
> very specifically with RELENG_2_2.  I re-build the system (CVSup,
> cvs update, make world) twice a day.  No difference.  I will replace the
> RAM on the machine after typing this note, but doubt it very much.

Send me your config file - I'd still like to take a look at it.  I'll
also take you up on the offer of a root account on the box.  Please
install sshd from the ports collection so that I can get an encrypted
login to your box and then call me with the root password and machine
name - my phone number is in my finger entry at freebsd.org.

				Jordan