Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:45:56 -0500
From:      Eric Gunther <egunther@warwick.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raspberry Pi composite video problem

On Fri, 2014-11-28 at 04:42 -0500, Eric Gunther wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:25:28 -0500
> Eric Gunther <egunther at warwick.net> wrote:
>
> > input. I have an old tv with composite input and outputs, I thought
>
> I am not able to help you here.
>

> So, would the firmware update change the display/console/terminal size?
> As I had mentioned I tried config.txt which I think is the standard on
> the Raspberry Pi as far as display configuration.  It appears to me that
> maybe I have to configure the syscons, vt or other driver or facility.
> This I have investigated although come up empty.  vidcontrol -i mode
> yields one entry repeated multiple times, which is not listed in the man
> page for vidcontrol, as far as I can tell.
>

> > I have enabled sshd, and set the hostname although I cannot seem to
> > find the RPi on the network while using Ethernet cable (Cat 5e)...
>
> Use telnet for the start to make sure that you avoided the simplest
> problems. You need inetd and /etc/inetd.conf with telnet enabled in
> there.

Eureka, I have logged in via ssh.  Not sure what is different although
the last few things I did where:

rechecked /etc/inetd.conf, /etc/rc.conf, /etc/services

service sshd enable
service sshd reload

And plugged in the client computer after the RPi had been connected to
the ethernet, worked using IP.

telnet was still not functioning.

Thank You,

--e