Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 03:23:42 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Arrangements for new port of Pine 4.00

Hi,

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Adrian Penisoara wrote:

> separate port directories for the two of them. One of them will be
> _identical_ with the current 'mail/pine' and will take care of Pine 3.96
> and another new one (that has some changes from the original) that will be
> for Pine 4.00. I propose 'mail/pine3' and 'mail/pine4'.
>
>   Asami please make sure you arrage things for the current 'mail/pine' to
> become 'mail/pine3' and "reserve" the place for 'mail/pine4'; I know you
> need to make some preparations for CVS maintainace.

 Update: I believe the port of Pine 4.00 is ready to hit the CVS tree.
Compared to the old 3.96 port the 4.00 port has pretty much changed (over
4 files and a directory deleted, BTW).
 Is the 'mail/pine3' : 'mail/pine4' scheme OK with you ? Please announce
me when you have finished the repository copy.

    Pine 3.96 -> mail/pine -> mail/pine3
    Pine 4.00 --------------> mail/pine4

  Thanks,
  Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)