Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 14:30:00 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HOWTO make a FreeBSD port

 * I've tried to make a little guide how to create a port. Ok, it still
 * doesn't cover every detail, but is perhaps a good guidance for the
 * "very beginner".
 *
 * Please could someone, who is experienced in writing smgl documents,
 * convert this into sgml (if you like this document) ?
 *
 * I think it should be included into the FreeBSD Handbook in the
 * ports section as an "life" example.

I'm sorry, but there already is a "how to make a port" in the
Handbook.  It's buried somewhere in the "how to contribute" section,
maybe that's why you didn't see it.

Satoshi